Cal Shakes’ 2021 COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Welcome Back to the Bruns!
Your safety is our priority. Cal Shakes is closely watching and following all safety protocols set by the California Department of Public Health, Contra Costa County, Actors’ Equity Association, United Scenic Artists, and Stage Directors and Choreographers Society to ensure the wellbeing of our audience, staff, and artists.
As part of the Season of Shared Light, Cal Shakes is sharing the Bruns Amphitheater with arts and cultural institutions from around the Bay Area. From May to October, safely enjoy concerts, dance performances, opera, and much more. Below you will find a set of rules we ask all those visiting the Bruns to follow. We will continue to update this page as guidelines change. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
If you are attending a non-Cal Shakes event on the Bruns grounds, the organizers may have different safety requirements (including masks, proof of vaccination, or a negative test). Please refer to their website for more information or to contact the organizer directly.
As audience members we ask that you follow these rules:
- If you feel ill, please do not visit the Bruns Amphitheater. We are more than happy to refund or exchange your ticket (based on availability) at no additional charge.
- Masks must be worn when ordering at the cafe and in the restrooms.
- Please be respectful and maintain distance with those not in your group at all times.
- Cal Shakes’ staff and technical crew work in masks onsite at the Bruns.
- Plaza Bathrooms are capped at 4 people per bathroom. The Plaza Bathrooms and Porta Potties are cleaned before every performance with the recommended products from the CDC.
- The Cafe will be open and selling concessions for most events, and will not be accepting cash to minimize interaction. There will be plexiglass shields protecting staff and customers. Please maintain distance while in line and wear your mask at all times in line and at the counter. All staff are taking the necessary precautions to protect you.
- Cal Shakes actors are in pods for the duration of rehearsal and performances so that they can remain unmasked during the show. For their safety and yours, please keep your distance if you see them off stage.
June 15, 2021