Cal Shakes’ 2021 COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Welcome Back to the Bruns!
Welcome back to the Bruns Amphitheater! Your safety is our priority. At Cal Shakes, we strive to create comfortable, engaging, and fun experiences for all audiences, staff, and artists visiting the Bruns Amphitheater. Recognizing that each individual may have a different level of comfort related to public gatherings in outdoor spaces, we have established the following safety requirements & precautions. If you choose not to abide by these guidelines, we ask that you not visit the Bruns Amphitheater.
Please check back as these rules may change with the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for your help as together we can keep our community safe!
Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test Result
- Everyone who comes to the Bruns—including audiences, staff, artists, and crew—will need to bring proof of vaccination (a vaccination card/photo of vaccination card, or a Digital Vaccine Record; and your ID) or a negative COVID-19 PCR result from a test taken within 72 hours before entering the grounds.
- A Cal Shakes staff member will verify your documents at the front gate. If you do not bring your documents with you, you will not be granted admittance to the grounds.
- People are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or 14 days after a single-dose vaccine.
- Masks are required when not actively eating and drinking.
- While we require masking in the amphitheater, we support self-care (especially hydration). Please take extra care when in the amphitheater to protect the unmasked actors onstage and your fellow audience members by remasking between sips and bites.
Looking Out for One Another
- If you feel ill, please do not visit the Bruns Amphitheater. If you are attending a show, we are more than happy to refund or exchange your ticket (based on availability) at no additional charge.
- Please be respectful and maintain distance from those not in your group at all times.
- Be respectful and kind to those around you. Our community is stronger together. (This is not pandemic specific!)
Enhanced Safety Precautions:
- In addition to being fully vaccinated, Cal Shakes cast, crew, and staff take weekly COVID-19 PCR tests before coming onsite and self-attest via a daily symptoms survey before arriving on the grounds that they are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 nor have been in contact with anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Cal Shakes will be cashless this season to minimize the risk of transmission. This includes purchases made at the box office, cafe, and bar, and any contributions made to the theater.
- We have limited the audience size per performance to 60% of our maximum capacity in order to create space between parties. Please clap extra loud to compensate for the empty seats.
- The Winter’s Tale tickets and program will be digital. Don’t worry, the program will still be packed full of insightful content and easy to access from your phone!
- If a performance is cancelled, our box office will reach out via email and we will update our website and social media pages with more information.