We’re so proud of this fabulous production and all the fierce artists that worked with us during our 2019 Season! To celebrate their accomplishments, check out 10 other awesome media moments from our 45th season.
- “If you crave a wild ride through the Bard, this is it.” Karen D’Souza, Bay Area News Group reviewing A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare, directed by Tyne Rafaeli.
- “Brecht at its best in Cal Shakes’ ‘Good Person of Szechwan’” Lily Janiak, SF Chronicle reviewing The Good Person of Szechwan by Bertolt Brecht, translated by Wendy Arons, adapted by Tony Kushner, and directed by Eric Ting.
- “Cal Shakes stuns with soon-to-be classic ‘House of Joy’” -Daily Californian, Daryanna Lancet reviewing the World Premiere House of Joy by Madhuri Shekar, directed by Megan Sandberg-Zakian.
- “Exciting ‘Macbeth’ Successfully Ends Cal Shakes Season.” Emily S. Mendel, Berkeleyside reviewing Macbeth by William Shakespeare and directed by Victor Malana Maog.
- “If you haven’t done Cal Shakes, you haven’t done summer.” Lou Fancher, East Bay Express
- “The people working at California Shakespeare Theater go all in when it comes to equity and inclusion.” Emily Wilson, 48 Hills
- “Cal Shakes Hires Sarah Williams as Managing Director” American Theater
- “Cal Shakes to host concert series at its magical Bay Area venue” Jim Harrington, Bay Area News Group
- “2019 Best of East Bay Arts and Leisure: Meet Eric Ting” Deborah Kirk, Diablo Magazine
- “The classics will continue to look and feel contemporary at the California Shakespeare Theater in 2020,” Lily Janiak, SF Chronicle
Don’t miss any of the 2020 newsworthy moments! Subscribe now!