The Cal Shakers Steering Committee invites you to participate in history through “Inside Ghost Light.” Our first Cal Shakers event of this year combines good company and food with a riveting theater experience:
- Have dinner and drinks with old and new friends at Berkeley’s iconic Jupiter ale house;
- Meet Cal Shakes Artistic Director Jonathan Moscone, who created the deeply personal Ghost Light in collaboration with Berkeley Rep Artistic Director Tony Taccone;
- Walk two blocks from Jupiter to Berkeley Rep to see a performance of Ghost Light, a tremendously affecting (and funny) theatrical exploration of grieving and history—personal, local, and national.
WHERE: Jupiter and Berkeley Rep
~ Jupiter: 2181 Shattuck Ave
~ Berkeley Rep: 2025 Addison St
WHY: Support Cal Shakes, meet new people, get the ultimate insider’s point of view and a great rate on the hottest ticket in town*, and experience an extraordinary piece of theater.
HOW: RSVP here to purchase $75 tickets to this event. Ticket price covers both dinner and the show. OR start by joining Cal Shakers today for just $75 to receive discounts on all Shaker events—including $50 off the price of two tickets to “Inside Ghost Light“—and other membership benefits. Once you join Cal Shakers, we’ll send you an email with a discount code. Under 30? Email us directly for an additional discount!
~ BART: Jupiter and Berkeley Rep are both located within a block of the Downtown Berkeley BART station.
~ Parking: Berkeley Rep recommends these garages.
*DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT: About that “hottest ticket in town”? Take a look at this press!
- New York Times, 12/29/11: “Illuminating the Legacy of a Fallen Father.”
- San Jose Mercury News, 1/12/12: “Review: ‘Ghost Light’ at Berkeley Rep”
- San Francisco Chronicle, 1/8/12: “Ghost Light premieres at Berkeley Rep”
- Podcast of KQED Forum conversation with Jon Moscone, Tony Taccone, and Dave Iverson, 1/6/12
- KQED-TV Channel 9, The Memory Be Green (documentary about the creation of Ghost Light). For air dates, see http://www.kqed.org/tv/programs/index.jsp?pgmid=20446.
Cal Shakers Steering Committee: Darcy Brown-Martin, Cal Shakes; Josh Cohen, Wendel Rosen Black & Dean; Ed Del Beccaro, Grubb & Ellis; Danielle DuCaine, Renne Sloan Holtzman Sakai LLP; Susie Falk, Cal Shakes; Samantha Fryer, Fred Finch Youth Center; Tony Kallingal, Mechanics Bank; Hye Young Lee, GMR Marketing; Samantha Leo, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Jen Loy, UC Berkeley; Scott Peterson, Mechanics Bank; Beth Sandefur, Cal Shakes; Maryam Shariat, Gap Foundation.