- Artist-Investigator Elizabeth Gjelten on Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing
- I AM NOT WHAT I AM: Dressing in drag turns gender roles upside down in the theater— and beyond.
- Introducing our New Artistic Director Eric Ting
- Ask Philippa: The Mystery of Irma Vep edition
- Coming Next: The Mystery of Irma Vep
Cal Shakes on PinterestUnable to load Pinterest pins for 'calshakes'
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Tag Archives: “Sean San Jose”
Last week rehearsals started for the second production of our season, Life Is a Dream. The cast and creative team mingled with staff, producers and crew in the Cal Shakes rehearsal hall for a quick meet and greet before diving … Continue reading
We hope you’re planning on experiencing Luis Alfaro’s Alleluia, The Road at Intersection for the Arts, co-produced by Cal Shakes, Campo Santo, and Intersection. Come ready to take in a new and exciting production in an intimate, immersive environment, with … Continue reading
A report on the naming of our partnership with Intersection, courtesy of Partnership Project Director Rebecca Novick. Last August, I was invited by Jonathan Moscone and Deborah Cullinan (executive director of Intersection for the Arts) to help develop the partnership … Continue reading
This weekend, Oaklanders will get another chance to see Hamlet: Blood in the Brain as Oakland Technical High School’s award-winning drama department presents the play for three nights. Naomi Iizuka’s reimagining of the Shakespeare tragedy transports the scandalous classic to … Continue reading