- Listen to an Original Song from our Upcoming Tour of The Tempest
- Artist-Investigator Elizabeth Gjelten on Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing
- I AM NOT WHAT I AM: Dressing in drag turns gender roles upside down in the theater— and beyond.
- Introducing our New Artistic Director Eric Ting
- Ask Philippa: The Mystery of Irma Vep edition
Cal Shakes on PinterestUnable to load Pinterest pins for 'calshakes'
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Tag Archives: “Robert Hurwitt”
Our longtime friend and Associate Artist, L. Peter Callender, got rave reviews from the San Francisco Chronicle‘s theater critic for his portrayal of Mr. M. Even in Athol Fugard’s My Children, My Africa over at Marin Theatre Company. Writes Robert … Continue reading
Last week (and, hey—last year!) I let you know that we made it onto the year-end “best of” lists for both the East Bay Express and Theater Dogs. Today I’m happy to report that, over at the San Francisco Chronicle, … Continue reading
Yeah, the Chron‘s little man is leaping out of his chair for us. Writes critic Robert Hurwitt, “[Director Timothy] Near, the outgoing head of San Jose Repertory Theatre, delivers a beautifully orchestrated Vanya“in her California Shakespeare Theater debut. Working with … Continue reading