- Listen to an Original Song from our Upcoming Tour of The Tempest
- Artist-Investigator Elizabeth Gjelten on Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing
- I AM NOT WHAT I AM: Dressing in drag turns gender roles upside down in the theater— and beyond.
- Introducing our New Artistic Director Eric Ting
- Ask Philippa: The Mystery of Irma Vep edition
Cal Shakes on PinterestUnable to load Pinterest pins for 'calshakes'
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Tag Archives: “Macbeth”
But I, that am not shaped for sportive tricks, Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass; I, that am rudely stamp’d, and want love’s majesty To strut before a wanton ambling nymph; I, that am curtail’d of this fair proportion, … Continue reading
By Sloane Henry, Artistic Learning Intern The Bentley Five-week Conservatory is in full swing! We’re almost half way through and time continues to fly by. I have been stage managing for the Merry Kinsmen—the youngest group (third–sixth grade) and I … Continue reading
Philippa Kelly, Resident Dramaturg for Cal Shakes, shares her thoughts on our 2010 productions. It’s not about evil, but about what evil feels like; it’s not about a sociopath, but about a character who is appalled at the thought of … Continue reading
And the lineup is (drum roll, please) … WORLD PREMIERE! John Steinbeck’s The Pastures of Heaven By Octavio Solis Directed by Jonathan Moscone JUNE 2–27 Mrs. Warren’s Profession By George Bernard Shaw Directed by Timothy Near JULY 7–AUGUST 1 Macbeth … Continue reading