- Artist-Investigator Elizabeth Gjelten on Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing
- I AM NOT WHAT I AM: Dressing in drag turns gender roles upside down in the theater— and beyond.
- Introducing our New Artistic Director Eric Ting
- Ask Philippa: The Mystery of Irma Vep edition
- Coming Next: The Mystery of Irma Vep
Cal Shakes on PinterestUnable to load Pinterest pins for 'calshakes'
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Tag Archives: “King Lear”
Resident Dramaturg Philippa Kelly on Prospero’s and other’s journeys in The Tempest. The Tempest is a “Romance” play, best illustrated in relationship to King Lear, written six years before in 1605. Lear is a tragedy that leaves its audiences in a diminished Britain … Continue reading
We are so happy to announce that The King and I, a meditation on Australian life through the lens of King Lear, by Philippa Kelly—Cal Shakes’ beloved Resident Dramaturg, Grove Talk moderator, and all-around saucy Aussie*—will be published in late … Continue reading
Hidey-ho… Stefanie here. Last Wednesday we had the Meet & Greet for Jonathan Moscone’s production of An Ideal Husband. For those of you who don’t know, the Meet & Greet happens on the first day of a show’s rehearsals. The … Continue reading