- Listen to an Original Song from our Upcoming Tour of The Tempest
- Artist-Investigator Elizabeth Gjelten on Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing
- I AM NOT WHAT I AM: Dressing in drag turns gender roles upside down in the theater— and beyond.
- Introducing our New Artistic Director Eric Ting
- Ask Philippa: The Mystery of Irma Vep edition
Cal Shakes on PinterestUnable to load Pinterest pins for 'calshakes'
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Tag Archives: “Inside Scoop”
The first two productions of our 2015 season—Shakespeare’s comedy Twelfth Night about falling in love with mistaken identities and Life Is a Dream, Pedro Calderón de la Barca’s 1635 drama, translated and adapted by the Pulitzer Prize-winning Nico Cruz, which … Continue reading
Georgia and Don Lee are a fixture in the Cal Shakes volunteer corps. They’ve volunteered with us since our very first season at the Bruns, in 1991. They reside in Oakland and lead an active life of theater-going, traveling, dancing, … Continue reading
In the months leading up to our 2009 Main Stage season, we’ll be profiling the creative minds behind the season’s productions—Romeo and Juliet, Private Lives, Happy Days, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream—in our e-newsletters. For the second installment, we profiled … Continue reading
The actors and creative team have cleared out of our West Berkeley rehearsal hall, moving up to the Bruns for the beginning of tech. So, no more Danny Scheie rolling around on roller skates, practicing the trombone. What am I … Continue reading