- Virgins to Villains’ Robin Goodrin Nordli talks Shakespeare’s Women, Life with the Oregon Shakespeare Festival , and her Return to Cal Shakes
- Ask Philippa: Life Is a Dream edition
- Going Beyond the Bars with The Green Life and Triangle Lab
- Rehearsals have started for Life Is a Dream!
- Ask Philippa: Twelfth Night Edition
Cal Shakes on PinterestUnable to load Pinterest pins for 'calshakes'
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Category Archives: By Keith Spencer
It was a wonderful 40th Anniversary surprise to wake up on Tuesday and find that shows from Cal Shakes’ 2014 Season had received accolades at the Theatre Bay Area Awards, held Monday night in San Francisco. While 3 of our … Continue reading
As many patrons and reviewers have noted, one of the fascinating aspects of A Raisin in the Sun is how resonant it is today, despite how much our society and culture has changed. Even though we live in an era … Continue reading
When Shakespeare penned The Comedy of Errors—one of his shortest, most slapstick plays—the idea of twins (a central theme of the play) fascinated the Elizabethans. Though they didn’t understand the genetics of multiple births—the difference between fraternal and identical twins, … Continue reading
Our 40th Anniversary Summer Season has only just begun, and the buzz has been overwhelming. Since Opening Night on May 24, reviews for A Raisin in the Sun have been praising the stellar cast and inventive production. Karen D’Souza, in … Continue reading