- Othello Tour: Community Response
- Guiding Star Award Recipient Bill Rauch: Keynote Address
- #ThrowbackThursday: 2015-2016 Artist-Investigators Cat Brooks and Anna Maria Luera, with Rysing Womyn
- #ThrowbackThursday: Cal Shakes/Campo Santo Theater Stage at Life is Living
- #ThrowbackThursday: Artist-Investigators Meghan Elizabeth and SK Kerastas and Transgender Health Services
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Category Archives: By Jay Yamada (Board Member)
Tech starts tomorrow for Uncle Vanya–yep, that’s how quickly things go. It seems like just yesterday I was posting images and descriptions of Erik Flatmo’s set, and now it’s becoming a reality. Photos by Jay Yamada.
Courtesy of Jay Yamada, our man on the Ideal Husband tech weekend scene: Jonathan Moscone on the cows on the hill beyond the stage mooing:“It’s so not An Ideal Husband. It will work with Uncle Vanya. It would work with … Continue reading
Below is a 27-second film prepared by myself (Stefanie Kalem) and Cal Shakes’ ever-resourceful designer/webmaster Ilsa Brink using photos taken over the course of last week, while our talented (and also ever-resourceful) scenic charge artists cereated a massive reproduction of … Continue reading
Here are some more of Jay Yamada’s observations from a weekend of Pericles Tech: FIGHT CALL: Early in Pericles, Ron Campbell takes a long staff and swings it between Alex Morf’s legs. Now you would expect Dave Maier, the fight … Continue reading
Some more pictures just came in from Jay Yamada: Sarah Nealis wigs out (with half of Christopher Kelly in the background). Ron Campbell contemplates.
Jay Yamada is a member of the Cal Shakes Board of Directors, but he’s actually much more than that. He’s our official photographer, IT angel, and a tireless volunteer both in- and off-season. Today, he makes his debut as a … Continue reading