- #ThrowbackThursday: Artist-Investigators Cat Brooks and Anna Maria Luera and Rysing Womyn
- Announcing the cast & creative team of Everybody!
- #ThrowbackThursday: Artist-Investigators Meghan Elizabeth and SK Kerastas and Transgender Health Services
- #ThrowbackThursday: Artist-Investigator Aimee Suzara and AYPAL
- A Spy in Rehearsal: Quixote Nuevo Dispatch #1
Subscribe to the Blog
Join our list
Author Archives: Triangle_Lab
Acclaimed writer Zora Neale Hurston was passionate about documenting the everyday language and stories of people, from the Carribean to the American South. As part of California Shakespeare Theater’s production of Spunk (stories of the Harlem Renaissance by Zora Neale Hurston and adapted by George C. Wolfe) the Triangle Lab invites Oakland residents to join us in imagining the past, present, and future of their city through Imagine Oakland. “If Zora were here now, Oakland is the kind of place she’d want to write about. She believed in going home to tell the stories of your places,” says Spunk director Patricia McGregor.
As part of the Imagine Oakland project, the Triangle Lab is held a number of story circles to explore residents’ experiences of Oakland. Participants included students from Oakland Tech, EC Reems Middle School, seniors from Mercy Care Alliance, and Cal … Continue reading
Last August, I was invited by Jonathan Moscone (artistic director of the California Shakespeare Theater) and Deborah Cullinan (executive director of Intersection for the Arts) to help develop the partnership they had formed. After a successful collaboration some years ago … Continue reading